Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Cheering Life Lessons

 HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ITS ME AGAIN! This blog post I ma going to talk about my life lesson I learned in cheer. It all started my 2nd Junior year! I was one of the oldest and strongest of the team. I really wanted my back-handspring!!! I would love to be in the front doing my back handspring. I went to tumbling class, I listened to criticism. I did everything I needed to do, and I ended up not getting it. SPOILER ALERT!! I also was not used to being the strongest and oldest so I had A LOT of responsibilities. I always wanted to be a flyer, but ended up as a back spot. The coaches did favorite people so they put the other strongest and biggest girls in the air! Great idea right (sarcasm). Had to be the worst year for my whole cheering career, but being on the team with my friends made it better. So, lets get to the part with the life lesson. So, I didn't really like that year, so I didn't really try like I do now. I would try, but not putting 100 percent. I then learned my lesson. It was a practice before our 3rd competition and I was back spotting this girl and we were trying something very hard. Here's a video of something we tried to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpndSJsJswI  <--------- May look easy but its very hard!!!

So, I didn't really care so I tried and ended up hurting my wrist by her falling on me and my wrist twisted. IT HURT SO MUCH! I sat out for a little bit, and then realized how maybe if I tried and stop complaining about where I was placed in cheer maybe it would be easier for me and my stunt. After 30 minutes, of icing my wrist I went back in and put 100% in and my stunt was amazing!!!!! We hit every time, and our coaches were so proud of us. My life lesson I learned was to give 100% and don't just think about yourself, but others to. All in all, try your best in everything you do and don't give up!!!!! This is all from my blog post today!! I hope you enjoyed it! See you next week!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!